This is the PDF eBook version for Orthodontics – Current Principles and Techniques 6th Edition by Lee W. Graber, Robert L. Vanarsdall, Katherine W. L. Vig
Table of Contents
PART I: FOUNDATIONS OF ORTHODONTICS
1. Craniofacial Growth and Development: Developing a Perspective
2. Genetics and Orthodontics
3. The Biologic Basis of Orthodontics
Tissue Reactions in Orthodontics
Tooth Movement at the Cellular and Molecular Level NEW!
4. Bone Physiology, Metabolism, and Biomechanics in Orthodontic Practice
5. Application of Bioengineering to Clinical Orthodontics
6. Clinically Relevant Aspects of Dental Materials Science in Orthodontics
7. The Role of Evidence in Orthodontics
PART II: DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT PLANNING
8. The Decision-Making Process in Orthodontics
9. Special Considerations in Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
10. Psychological Aspects of Diagnosis and Treatment
11. Orthodontic Diagnosis and Treatment Planning with Cone-Beam Computed Tomography Imaging NEW!
12. The Upper Airway, Cranial Morphology and Sleep Apnea NEW!
13. Orthodontic Therapy and the Patient with Temporomandibular Disorder
14. The Orthodontist’s Role in a Cleft Palate–Craniofacial Team
PART III: MIXED DENTITION DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT
15. Patient Management and Motivation for the Child and Adolescent Patient NEW!
16. Optimizing Orthodontic and Dentofacial Orthopedic Treatment Timing
PART IV: ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT
17. Contemporary Straight Wire Biomechanics
18. Nonextraction Treatment
19. Standard Edgewise: Tweed-Merrifield Philosophy, Diagnosis, Treatment Planning, and Force Systems
20. Biomechanical Considerations with Temporary Anchorage Devices
21. Adult Interdisciplinary Therapy: Diagnosis and Treatment
22. Periodontal–Orthodontic Interrelationships
23. Orthodontic Aspects of Orthognathic Surgery
24. Self-Ligating Bracket Biomechanics
25. Lingual Appliance Treatment
26. Clear Aligner Treatment
PART V: SPECIALIZED TREATMENT CONSIDERATIONS
27. Bonding in Orthodontics
28. Management of Impactions NEW!
29. Management of Dental Luxation and Avulsion Injuries in the Permanent Dentition NEW!
30. Iatrogenic Effects of Orthodontic Appliances NEW!
Prevention and Management of Demineralized White Lesions,
Etiology, Risk Factors, and Clinical Management of Root Resorption
31. Minimally and Non-Invasive Approaches to Accelerate Tooth Movement NEW!
Low-level Mechanical Vibrations
32. BioDigital Orthodontics: Integrating technology with Diagnosis, Treatment Planning, and Targeted Therapeutics
PART VI: ORTHODONTIC RETENTION AND POST-TREATMENT CHANGES
33. Stability, Retention, and Relapse
PART VII: CLASSIC CHAPTERS (ONLINE ONLY)
34. Interceptive Guidance of Occlusion with Emphasis on Diagnosis
35. Functional Appliances
36. Treatment of the Face with Biocompatible Orthodontics