This is the PDF eBook version for Controversies in Thyroid Surgery by John B. Hanks, William B. Inabnet III
Table of Contents
Part A: General Topics
1. Controversies in the Management of Nodular Thyroid Disease
2. The Use of Ultrasound in the Management of Thyroid Disorders
3. Pre and Post Thyroidectomy Voice Assessment
4. Intraoperative Neuro-monitoring of the Laryngeal Nerves During Thyroidectomy
5. Who Should Do Thyroid Surgery?
6. Ambulatory Thyroid Surgery-Is This the Way of the Future?
7. Robotic Thyroidectomy: Is There Still A Role?
8. Graves’ Disease-What is the Role and Timing of Surgery?
9. Vocal Fold Paralysis and Thyroid Surgery
Part B: Cancer Topics
10. Optimal Treatment for Papillary Microcarcinoma
11. Molecular Profiles and the “Indeterminate” Thyroid Nodule
12. Controversies in the Surgical Management of Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma
13. Central Lymph Node Dissection for Well-Differentiated Cancer
14. The Role of Risk Stratification in the Treatment of Well Differentiated Thyroid Cancer
15. Imaging for Preoperative Assessment and Staging of Thyroid Cancer
16. Anaplastic Cancer and Rare Forms of Cancer Affecting the Thyroid
17. The Role of Targeting Therapies or Non-Surgical Treatment of Thyroid Malignancies: Is Surgery Being Replaced?